Markel around the world
Featuring London, England
- Markel International’s head office
- Insurance and reinsurance business through Syndicate 3000, Markel International Insurance Company Limited, and Markel Resseguradora do Brasil S.A.
- Member of Lloyd’s of London, a renowned specialty insurance and reinsurance market
- Markel’s London office is moving to 20 Fenchurch Street, an iconic new building adding to the City of London skyline.
- The current office is located on Leadenhall Street, which is famous for having one of the first telephone exchanges installed in London and home to Leadenhall Market, which is featured in the Harry Potter films.
- About 450 associates
|Interesting facts about London
Location: In South East England on the River Thames
Latitude: 51° 30' N
Longitude: 0° 7' W
Avg temp in Jan: 7°C / 44.6°F
Avg temp in Jul: 19°C / 66.2°F
Population: 8,308,369 (2012)
A cultural capital for the arts, theatre, history, fashion, and shopping, London is a leading, global, metropolitan city. With iconic red double-decker buses and over 7,000 pubs, it is the capital city of England
and the United Kingdom
. With history dating back to the Romans who named it Londinium
, it is one of the world’s leading financial centers. Markel International’s head office is located in London about 1.5km or so from the Tower of London
and the River Thames
Interesting facts about London from confessedtravelholic.com
Big Ben does not refer to the clock, but actually the bell.
There are over 300 languages spoken in London.
James Bond’s code “007″ was inspired by the author Ian Fleming’s bus route from Canterbury to London.
25% of the people living in London today are born in another country.
80,000 umbrellas are expected to be lost annually in the London tube (metro).
Kate Middleton is allergic to horses.
Learn more about London
69 fun facts about London and the UK
9 odd things insured by Lloyds of London
Virtual tours of Parliament
10 of London’s oldest, greatest pubs
Shop at Harrods